Sunday, April 22, 2012

Light + Building


Last Tuesday Kevin inspired me and Roberto to join him in Light and Building 2012 trade show in Frankfurt. Since I got a free ticket from Elena, I kind of had to go and I'm glad I did! The show wasn't directly to architecture students, as the items mainly consisted of every possible kind of lamps. I suppose it was good for us to see a bit of that variety of trade stands as it might employ us later in life.





I'm aware of the shitty quality of my photos but I actually wasn't allowed to take any,  naturally I dug out my camra to steal some shots and run away afterwards, so the outcome of the sneaky illegalities is here and there a bit blurry. I'm almost sorry about that..





My favourite section of Light and Building fair by far was the modern design lighting. I was sighing after Design and Industrial Design studies after seeing this loveliness, as buildings seem to inspire me so little at the moment.



 a lamp made to look like a human heart!

You know, in trade fairs you usually collect many brochures, cards, chocolates, gummy bears and branded fabric bags to stick your numerous contacts and business cards in? One of the high lights of this fair was hunting after the Golden Shopping Bags that kept on peekabooing throughout the day on everyones arm. We hadn't seen the stand, so spying on people to see what lable was on this beauty was quite a task. Finally at the end of the day we managed to trace it back to Deltalight-stand in hall number 3.1

Boy-o-boy I almost screamed of joy and then bursted in surprised giggles as the whole stand was wrapped up in gold like a piece of christmas chocolate.

oh so happy


the boys got theirs too!

Oh yeah I was also spotted by some model agency facehunter on that day. He said they were looking for blond fresh faces and I should definitely give it a go. They don't do nude photos btw. If I want to apply I should send them some kind of portfolio of photos with my personal measurements and stuff. I don't really know if it would be my thing but a little extra money wouldn't harm my economics right? What do you think?



Nuf said, have a happy week everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Definaetly go for the modeling business, if it's mainly advertisement stuff and you don't have to get too involved in the biz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all that stuff takes time too. I'm just so caught up between University, my job at the Handicraftsshop and babysitting that running in Castings might prove to be impossible!

    ReplyDelete