Joops eli pieni päivitys miten... nein Warte.....o kacke.. wait what. Ofiskjfsdaäsüp.
Ok let's start slowly again. This is an English blog.
I have taken another leap towards University last week by signing myself up for the necessary language exam TestDaf. This little pain in the butt, the horror of my dreams, costs 175€ and is needed for me to prove my German skills to be enough to study here. TestDaf will test my writing, reading, listening, grammar and speaking in German and I'll have to score at least 15/20 (who knows what that means) to be accepted by the Uni. To me that translated as very few mistakes, which makes me to poop my panties here. The test will take action on 12. April
aaand knowing this I have taken immergency measurements like signing myself up to a language course. I haven't forgotten the nightmare of my Finnish A-levels in German last spring. For the Finns: I scored a B with huge effort. So this time I've gotta be flawless. On top of the homework, I am also planning to make a study schedule that includes reading books/newspapers/articles and printing & doing previous years TestDaf-exams from the internet.
What is my German level now then, you ask? Well well well. I have no idea. Let's just repeat the history of my relationship with Germany. I picked German for my 2nd forgein language at the age of 11. Beginning was fun but at the 7th grade I already hated the subject and my teacher. My pride didn't ever let me drop German even when I was the bottom of my class. I continued till upper secondary.
Summer 09 I spent working in a Hotel in the Southern Germany in a village called Bermatingen. I lived in a German family but I was too shy to use my German. This lovely summer, one of the bests summers of my life, got me to the level of understanding German talk boosted my vocab but didn't help me to gain any school success. At the end of this summer I got together with my current boyfriend ♥ from Hamburg yet through last year
(and sometimes still) we communicated in English.
I visited him in Hamburg 2 in my final year at school and somewhere then the idea of moving to Germany was born. After finishing my A-levels, July '10 I packed my bags and moved to Hamburg. In the summer I took a 4-week-intensive-language-course 3h daily. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I started talking, I got confident. Everything from school was just somewhere hidden in my head and I now dug it out to usage. Since Finland I have evolved sky high thus I am now attending the highest level (C2) of language course. I make mistakes but am not scared. I am understood.
No comments:
Post a Comment