Thursday, February 10, 2011

いらっしゃいませ

Getting the previous whining post off my heart I can move on to the happy topic of introducing my work place! Hopefully this won't bring me bad karma & get me sacked. Ironically I was never employed by a German but a Japanese. Let me intorduce you the loveliest little shop.. 

When asked I would describe Akiko a small Japanese design shop. The items sold are either handmade by the owner & her crew or imported from Japan. In Akiko's you can find a variety of fabrics, yuzen and origami paper, accessories, dishes, clothing and stationery with a Japanese touch. A pro seamstress is also available if one wishes to have a bag or a cloth made at the store. The owner organizes Origami Workshops few times per month for small groups. She doesn't do it for the money but for fun, she told me.
The job came to me via a friend to whom I do babysitting at least once a week. She is friends with the shop owner and heard that Akiko is looking for new personnel. I dropped by the next afternoon to introduce myself and fell in love with the shop immediately. To my horror however Akiko started the interview in Japanese as she had heard that I can speak some. I stumbled trying to explain that my Japanese is not that good. Thus we continued in German and I handed my CV over. I felt excited and welcomed by the small woman wishing I could stay.
Now I'm having a testing period of 2 months, working twice a week. It's not much but it's a start. In the best case I won't only improve my German but my Japanese too. I hope to gather work experience that'll be useful in the future.
  

2 comments:

  1. Ooh superkawaii! Toi vaikuttaa just sellaiselta paikalta jossa on pakko hipeilöidä jokaista tuotetta. Ainakaan kännykällä lukiessa (tän tosin pitäisi näyttää sivut oikein...) ei näy sitä riviä jossa sanot monta kuukautta oot joten toivottavasti monta! Tästä se työonni kääntyy!

    Tulen käymään blogissa joskus toistenkin, jatka kirjoittelua!

    Ps. Söin tänään joululahjakeksiä/kakkusta teen kanssa. Hyvää oli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onneksi olkoon!!!! Näyttää ihanalta. Sooo happy for you :))))

    ReplyDelete