Hi there!
I have had a few of the best weeks this summer at home in Finland and thus haven't even touched my blog in ages. Like I said before, there are some about 200 Photos to check through before being able to post any and as it happens I also have less than 2 weeks to finish three big University homeworks. It might be that I won't be posting much until the beginning October, sorry guys.
So back to Elli's Cooking Corner again!
Vispipuuro aka Klappgröt
What You need:
8 dl water
ca. 4 dl lingonberries
1 dl sugar
1¼ semolina grains
a bit of salt
What you do:
1. Boil the water with the berries for about 15 minutes.
2. Add sugar and salt and check if you like it. Don't worry you can add stuff later on as well but keep in mind that lingonberries are sour and the porridge should be a bit as well
3. I reckon your berries are boiled by now? Ok, then we whip the semolina in tiny parts into the berrymush, we don't want clumps and dollops now do we.
4. Let the semolina cook with a low temperature for 5-10 minutes and then to cool down all together. It would be the last point to check the taste and add your spices.
5. Is the porridge cold? I'm amazed if you managed to wait patiently. Now is the time to dig out that electric mixer of yours, and whip the shit out of the porridge and into a rosey foam!
6. Consume your creation warm or cold, with sugar on top or milk around it.
Receipe:
Mine ended up much darker as it should be as I
![]() |
| blueberries from the backyard at home |





No comments:
Post a Comment