Saturday, September 22, 2012

There will be Blood


I lately stumbled across these pictures from Vice Magazine. I like them and as a woman am not shocked, disgusted or particularly embarrased about the shots. Similar stuff has happened to everyone with periodic cycle I dare to say. Me too.


I'm not at all quiet about my periods, when I happen to have them. I refuse to be embarrased and modest about something so natural and normal about my body. Why do we have to hide and pretend seriously? It annoys me how most women blush from just hearing the word periods/menstruation/etc. and try to hide their tampons while sneaking to bathroom. I remember wanting to die in high school when the rustle of the wrapping of sanitary pads gave me off in public toilets. I absolutely hated those days and thinking I wouldn't be able to wear skirts, shorts or light materials whenever I wanted. I was so scared somebody would find out what was going on.


What a joke! As if that actually would change a thing nowadays! Sure periods are not the most practical thing while travelling or when they get you off guard but my monthly bleeding doesn't affect a thing, not even my sex life, honestly. Oh yeah I am suffering from the most horrid low stomach and back pains for the first few days, which then causes me to have no mercy only a little sympathy for those ignorant jerks who make jokes about the happening. To think that bleeding hinders a female brain from working normally is just medieval! Thus I have taken it to my life mission to inform as many men as possible about this mystical event of the opposite sex.

check out the rest here

Periods are the main reason, in my opinion, why you guys pay dinners and the movies: I'm paying the pads and the pain killers each month!  What do you think? I'd be interested in hearing some male voice too.


No comments:

Post a Comment