Sunday, September 23, 2012
The Hoods
Autumn is my all time favourite season due to it's colours, smells and the freshness in the wind. In Finland the summer had already turned to a close in the beginning of September and I had to borrow my sister's pullovers pretty much daily. One afternoon me and my mom took notice of these heavy apple trees by the side of the road. As they belonged to an abandoned house, we decided to rebel and make use of our everyman's right!
I miss my hometown at times. It's a small place and the people are shitty but still... for 20 years it has been my home. A lot has happened in that neighbourhood and so many things have changed since then. I never ever want to lose touch with Järvenpää and forget where I came from. It is such a big part of my identity and I think nobody in Germany will ever quite be able to understand the meaning of it.
It sometimes scares me how very much I've changed out here in the world. Dreaming in foreign language, calling the people I've known for less than a year my friends and pushing the thoughts of Järvenpää away as I don't want to get homesick. How did that chubby Harry Potter-fan get out of the suburbs?
I swear not to forget. I'll be cycling those same streets with my sister as old grannies one day, I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Ihana kirjotus! Melkein tuli tippa linssiin tällä herkkiksellä :-) Mutta voidaan sitten mummoina fiilistellä Jäkeä yhdessä. Ellen mä ole päätynyt asumaan sinne.. :-D
ReplyDelete