Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ellie's Cooking Corner gathers again! This time introducing my childhood favourite,

Le Spinach Soup


This is an insanely delicious yet simple soup! So if you're Popeye a fearless home cook or a Spinach friend, give it a try. The original receipe is from here but incase your Finnish isn't enough for a more high-skilled cooking vocab, I'll happily translate it for yous.

What you need:
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 tablespoons flour
1 litre milk (I used less as I think it should stay a bit thicker)
150 grams frozen spinach
1 teaspoon salt (I used more)
(pepper & nutmeg)
boiled eggs to party in the soup

What you do:
1. Melt the butter in a pot big enough to carry 1 litre of soup. You shouldn't have too much heat or the next phase will get tricky. Add the flour and -I-dunno- mix & cook the stuff for a bit but don't let it get brown!

2.  Pour in some of the milk, little by little, and beat the shit out of  it with whirlybird aka eggbeater aka whisk to sort out the flour lumps. Keep adding milk and cook for about 6 minutes.

3. Add le Spinach and your spices and make the whole mess warm again. Serve with boiled eggs and a spoon.  
~Guten Appetit~


I've been a big fan of this dish for as long as I know. Strange child that I am was. In Finland you usually find the soup in every supermarket ready-made in the frozen food section. This was the first time I tried making it by myself from the scratch and I assure you: this is a fool proof receipe! I approve.

Now I'm going to have a nice & quiet evening doing my favourite nothing. Drinking tea (bought 4 different sorts today), listening music, burning candles and handicrafting some Christmas secrets!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment