Monday, January 31, 2011

Miniholiday

Sooo it is yet another blogger monday but this week it is a rather happy one. I am satisfied with last week's achievements and have some happy news to share. However I'm going to save them for later and tell about my lovely weekend in Marburg, Hessen.

I had wanted to visit my boyfriend in Marburg for some time already but somehow there were always something to stop me (weather or babysitting). As I'm not a student yet the public transport, le train, would impoverish me about 50€ one way. Thus I chose die Mitfahrgelegenheit to drive me the 450km to my love. The basic idea: hitchhiking efficiently in internet. I found a connection to Kassel, called the person and got a place in his car with 3 other people. This time the trip was a bit more thrilling in a negative way as my driver's eyes were drooping the whole way! I had to keep an eye on him incase he'd fall asleep and kill us all.

The City is vastly populated by cats.
"Du bist ein bisschen müde oder?"
"Nee eigentlich nicht.."
"..hm okay.. Dann fahren Sie lieber Augen auf, bitte."

Bigger problems occured when he put sunglasses on and I had no view if he drove eyes closed or not. Anyhow we somehow got safely to Kassel where he charged me 15€ for the fun and I continued my journey by train.






Marburg is a lovely University City in the middle of Germany. The reason why I fancy this place is that Marburg has small pebbled streets, old leaning houses, a castle on top of a hill and a river running through the town. It's also a modern city with everything one might need with student prices and an active nightlife. The weather during my whole visit was sunny and crispy. January in it's best: cold and cloudless.

I had a nice stress-free time with my boyfriend again: doing our own groceries, playing computer, meeting his friends and going around the city. He shares an appartment with 3 other students and we all baked pizza together and attended a student party later the first night.


Picture taken in last October
 Those 4 have weekly cleaning-shifts for the shared spaces like bathroom, kitchen and hallway. This weekend was my boyfriend's turn so I naturally helped him out. On Friday we spent four to five hours cleaning up his WG's (Wohngemeinshaft's) kitchen. It was a lot of work since the other people using it, don't seem to mind so much about hygiene we wanted to clean up things-not-as-obvious with more care. Things like fly-poo-windows, cobweb-cutlery and dust 'n' dirt frosted shelves. We also founded a box of Random Items, broken and useless, that his roomies have a chance to save if they want. The leftover faces trash. This weekend my hotel-cleaning-experience came in handy and it actually wasn't as bad as it might sound at all. Quite the contary, we both agreed it was fun and satisfying to have it done. Afterwards we rewarded ourselves with a dinner in a restaurant with a nice overview of the city.

Yesterday I travelled back with the same system as I came with. A tiny Volkswagen packed up with 3 German guys, myself and our backpacks from Marburg to Hamburg with 20 euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment