Sunday, February 5, 2012


I really don't have much time for anything fun but I couldn't help myself from jumpping for this DIY lantern after seeing it on the Schöne Wohnen magazine. I've been reluctant to put away my warm toned Christmas decoration but since it is already February, something had to be done. Yes yes. Red is gone and the wintery gray, wood, white and deep green have entered the building.


One windy Saturday I headed out to hunt the materials from the "garden" behind my house and from the nearby park. Illegal? Perhaps. All allowed when it comes to rare moments of inspiration.



All the dirty pretty things received a new home.


 
You need iron wire, sticks, plump tiny hands, pliers & saw perhaps and patience. Twist, break and saw your sticks to the hight of your choice. Put the stuff together by wrapping the wire around the sticks and combine them into a kind of raft. Make it big enough for the candle to fit in and not to make a bonfire of your crib. I placed my candle into an old pickle jar, just in case. To make sure the candle would stay in place and not rock around the spherical bottom, I added 3cm of sand in the jar. Sand stolen from a beach in Poland.





To me there's something magical in bringing the woods indoors. Natural materials and colours create a sense of calmness and harmony. A few days I even had the smell of a forest in here!


Wish it would be so easy to just crop off the mess in my room in realife as well!



Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment