Monday, December 19, 2011

Quality Time Cheesiness


 

There I was, troubled and down because of the issues in my previous post, when my darling boyfriend came to save the Damsel in Distress with a wind of Christmas in his sleeve. Because we'll spend the holidays in different addresses this year, we decided to steal some time for us the weekend before. In Finland we'd call it "Pikkujoulut", a Christmas Party before the actual date. Anyways my gloomy shitty Friday was thus saved by a late night movie and cozy cuddling.

My mister won't like me adding the photo but I can't help AWWing to this one

Saturday's programm consisted of minor shopping, BoboQ and cooking the traditional Finnish Christmas dishes for dinner. I have to say, I was seriously surprised by the taste and success of our attempt! It all tasted like it should have, even if we used some time-saver-cheats with the receipes! With those homey flavours, music and candle light it really felt like the real Christmas Eve.

the dining table made more chic with Marimekko details hohoho

The biggest surprise on that evening, however, was the present we shopped ourselves online. My boy had been scouting for Playstation 3 ever since -I dunno- last summer when we decided to skip the Christmas presents and get ourselves a video game console. The favouring opinion has varied between Xbox 360 & PS3, and some extensive background research has been made ever since. (I've always been a loyal PS-player tho).  Later when the decision for Playstation's victory was settled, we only waited for the budget-friendly bargain to pop up some day. The prices have been dancing wildly between 260~360 euros, when suddenly on Saturday night, on our fake Christmas Eve the humble ad appeared: brand new Playstation3 with 199 euros!! Ka-ching, the Visa-Card flashed, slashed and the order was sent.

dressing up my room to match the holiday spirit

On Sunday we got up late, had a royal breakfast with honeymelon, fresh fruit juices and warm Brötchen. We had decided to study hard on that day, yet somehow it was forgotten in the hot bubble bath and watching the several Youtube-reviews for PS3-games. We have now Lost Planet 2, Katamari Forever and Unchanted 2(/3) on our Must-Buy-Play-list, but we're very open for suggestions! So PS3-people with experience, fans with ideas and knowledge, comment please.


A real highlight was that my Schnupferich (aka Nuuskamuikkunen aka Snusmumriken) isolated my windows from the in-blowing wind and the racket of the street! Ain't nothing more attractive than a man who can cook, fix up your crib, treat you nice AND look good while doing it. Thus once again, I fell head over heels with my baby ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment