Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


I woke up today when my bf called me to tell about the snow in Marburg. After 15min of talking, where I complained about the rain and mild snowless winter of Darmstadt, I stood up and had a look out the window. SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Wooooopie woop woooop!! The last thing I expected to see today.



Of course I had to get dressed and head out with my camra to take some solid proof of the awesomeness. I forgot to eat breakfast too, that's how excited I was. Sorry to the people I woke up or left sleepy, random messages of shrieking joy.


mistletoe growing on the front yard


It was like stepping to Narnia through the front door. This wonderland turned a bit too wet for my taste later, however, but I hope we'll get more of the real thing tomorrow.



I really wonder how long I'll be able to get so hyped up over snow every year. It's always as magical as if it was the first time and I feel more home now. Not because I come from Finland but because I always liked Winter more than Summer or Spring.



I talked with mom today and she told me some really unpleasant news over the weather in the South of Finland. It's going to be a black Christmas with rain, +3 °C and no snow whatsoever!! What a bummer. I'm really disappointed now, since I've been waiting for the coldness, snow and beauty of the winters I grew up with :( Thanks a lot climate change. I think I have had only one Christmas without snow in my life before.

No comments:

Post a Comment