Friday, February 21, 2014

(SULKU)


I finished and handed in my last Project before the holidays yesterday. I'm so happy, proud and relieved to have months of hard-work and stress behind me! Thank you Elena for being the most perfect partner for our Hotel Sulku.






What you are viewing now are the photos of our miniature Model (1:200). This semester we had to plan a 4-5 star Hotel for Trier West along with the Urban planning of the area close to the River Mosel. It took us a lot of sleepless nights, head- and heartaches to pull this thing through but I am glad we did and I really like the result.



 For those of you who don't know:  planning, designing and drawing something this huge is quite a task! As an architecture student in Germany you are forced to abandon your friends, family and free time to your studies and pull all-nighters at your laptop in the working room. This project took us two exkursions to the site and more than 300 hours of work on the computer, at workshops and at home. Weekends and nights included. 



Prior to the hand-in presentation this week (where pretty much have to wear a blaizer etc. to look sharp and attractive to be able to sell your design to the Professors) I was at the University around the clock, awake for 30h in a row, showered twice and slept for about 20min to 2 hours per night and eating 1 meal per day. I look just as shitty as you might imagine.


the overall hand-in hanging on the hall wall

Nevertheless like I said I am insanely happy to have my design out there and will now finally enjoy my semester holidays for a week before the next hand-in-battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment