Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Day Of My Birth


So I never had the time to make my Superduper B-Day Wishlist Post. For compensation I offer the What-I-Actually-Got-Giftlist! I've decided to make this  
a photo-based-post, sparing you guys from my normal logorrhea. I never planned to celebrate nor did I really want to make it a spectacle but one way or the other my 21st birthday ended up being one of the happiest, surprise-fullest day in Germany. Seriously. I was enjoying every single hour of 18th March this year. Just like when I was 10 and still haveing those kiddy parties!

Giftpile + the royal breakfast with strawberries. Note the flowers & candles.

Took some time with this one..


Crabtree & Evelyn Cookies from Oma Linda. Blue paper boxes are a Venice Souvenir
from my boss and the 'Audrey Hepburn' letter papers from my honey's mother.

Silicon muffinforms from my boyfriend's sister.
From my 20-year-old self to the 21-year-old me.
Japanese teatin from my Love & the card + choco from my mom and sis.
I also got this lovely Finnish handicraft necklace from momma.

And what was in the big red package I was unwrapping in the 3rd picture?

Nothing less than a laptop from my boy and his parents!

I suppose this makes me a serious blogger now heehee. Every self-respecting blogger and a student has their own PC right? I couldn't believe my eyes when I finally managed to open the box. What then followed was an immediate blushing, mumbling, teary eyes and a quick concideration whether to close the box or pass out. I turned from face to face as my bf was shrinking under the table. Such a gift.. and totally out of the blue..

I guess this is what actors feel like at the Oscars? Wondering who to thank: the people who made it possible or God for the miracle. As I'm not so into God, I mumbled my confused thanks to the earthly angels = my boyfriend's mother and her son.

Dinner in an Indian restaurant with my boy's family.

Thank you all for the incredible day. I received not only gifts but so much love in the form of singing, hugging, kissing, Facebook congratulations, e-mails, text messages, audio messages, phone calls, skype calls and post cards. To be remembered by so many people from different countries, with different languages, despite of time or space has really made me feel greatful and warm inside. The 21-years has truely been worthy in collecting so many amazing friends and family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment