About a month ago my mother came to visit me in Hessen for the first time. During those four days I showed her around where I live, study, eat, work and shop in Darmstadt. Sadly I always forgot to carry the camera with me so the only proof of her holiday are these pictures of Marburg, where we visited my boyfriend for a day.
During this week I ate enourmously well as I needed to show my mom all my favourite restaurants and cafes of course, meaning that we ate out twice a day! Sounds extravagant but for someone who's used to the ridiculously high Finnish-Price-Rates, a dinner for two in Germany turns out a bargain! Not to mention the oh-so-lovely interiours..
It has taken me ages to work through these photos because I counciously try to avoid looking at pictures of my family when I'm in Germany. I suffer from homesickness quite freaquently close to Christmas and it feels a bit easier when you "hide" those images and longing and try to concentrate on the everyday life. It seems surreal to see my mom in the pictures of Marburg or at my University. It's like parallel universes colliding!
Thank you mom for spending some wonderful days with me! Shopping, chatting, sightseeing, travelling and dining with you gave me strength to pull this Semester trough. I'm glad we got to visit my work, my Uni, my boyfriend and a Spa together. You inspire me and I was happy you met my friends who mean so much to me.
I feel proud when they say we are alike because you are the most beautiful person I've ever met. Inside and out. I love you.




















No comments:
Post a Comment