Sunday, September 1, 2013

From Home


I've been back in Germany for 2-3 weeks now. It's okay. I don't feel too happy about it but since I've got stuff like work, Uni and finding a new roomie to worry about I had to come back. Being home was heavenly. I spent most of my time with my mom and sister going through the local fleamarkets, hanging around at the garden and eating outside at the veranda. Carefree as summer should be.




How nice to return to this after my soulless living conditions in Darmstadt? You can trust my mom to make it warm and cozy.




I'm not much of a garden elf myself -unlike my mother as seen on the second picture- but I did hang out at the backyard often enough to finish The Great Gatsby and Diamond as Big as The Ritz from F. Scott Fitzgerald on my holiday. Thanks to Hotel Mama I've also gained a bit of weight again haha. Ain't that luxurious for a student!



My brother is now big enough to drive his bike alone from dad's to visit us. On this day we'd been chopping a ton of Rhubarb to make a pie and store some for the Winter. After Vili was done making salads and soups in his tiny play kitchen from the chop-overs, I built him an outfit out of the leaves to turn him into Peter Pan.




The pie was eaten with cream of course. I like the looks of those homey everyday products like the cream carton here, altho I don't think I'm old enough or been away long enough for nostalgic feelings.



The weather generally was very fine n warm and we cycled to the beach for a few times to celebrate it. Overall those were some real dog or in this case -cat days.



To add some nice other events we cycled a lot and visited some of our local sight seeing stuff. For those who don't know, Järvenpää is culturally quite rich a place as we've had a big artist society  living here at the turn of the 19th century. And no it's not a Nazi sign at the cup above, it's the Finnish Lotta Svärd organization's logo designed in 1921. We dropped by at the cafe of their Museum on our way home.


I still have a few photos to share so till next time buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment