Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Even when your hands are empty, your heart is always full


As a student it far too often sometimes happens that you become acquainted with hunger and the feeling of poverty. Streching those last cents can get to you if you don't stay on your guard and remember to stay merry. I've been dancing on the limits of my bank account this summer as I don't get any student allowance during lecture-free-times. Working while in Finland wasn't really an option. My car has been running on mere fumes to put it more poetically and now those last breaths are taken. I have 10 days to survive until pay day.




To keep myself warm I watched again one of my all time favourite films  
The Little Princess. I love the books of Frances Hodgson Burnett (The Secret Garden & Little Count Fauntleroy to name a few) and reading -or in this case- watching a film about those tiny strong heroesses really pump up my will-power to pull this through!



Sometimes things get rough but that's life I guess. I had this disagreement once with my boyfriend about saying that "things will be okay". He thought it irresponsible and impossible for one to make such promises. I can understand him very well but somehow still disagree.



It's going to be okay. I can promise that. I don't believe in God or any other higher power but this I do believe. Life is what you make it. You'll see. It will all turn out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment