Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vegan Brunch


I've started another Vegan month this April and so far everything seems to be going a lot more smoothly than it did in the past. All soy drinks were coincidentally on sale on the first week, so I naturally stocked up 6 litres of soy choco, soy vanilla and the regular soy milk! One of my colleagues at work tipped me of this Vegan Brunch organized on the first Sunday of each month at my University.



Everything is free of charge but you can make donations to pay of the food and whatever goes over those costs, goes to the animal rights organisation called Voice of Liberation. I was positively surprised of how full the whole event was! The brunch is usually followed by a row of talks but sadly I had to rush on to assist Anna Lena selling our things at a fleamarket. More about that later.




The food was insanely delicious yet not really much to munch at 10am. However, I filled my tummy with various pasta salads and desserts. I must learn to bake like this all vegan! Cooking is really no problem but my baking is still lacking the taste and the texture.



The only thing that stopped me for a bit was this tiny flyer on the tables. "Meat is Murder" -that's kind of old isn't it? I'm not into this aggressive conversion method at all and have learned that most people just turn a blind eye and shut their ears if you attack them with the reality. I don't want to yell and point fingers at anyone. People do know the truth about the meat industry by now and I think we should rather go full gas on promoting the benefits and easiness of a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle instead.

Meet you at the Vegan Brunch next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment