Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rag Rug


One weekend some time ago I planned to jump on the train from Marburg and go shopping for clothing in Frankfurt. Well what-do-you-know I got lazy and decided to take a look at the tiny design shops in the Oberstadt of Marburg.



I bumbed quite accidentally to this Magical Carpet made out of recycled Cotton shreds and I tell you it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. I just knew that this piece of warmth and colour was meant for me to find and wonder why I even bothered to look at the price tag since even the size matched. I have a soft spot for interior design I suppose.



Guess how I squeaked out of delight to notice that my long-lost-rug had only 39 euros on it! I had been ready to live on porridge for 2 months for this! The shop is called Lille Hus and the brand Nordal.



In the end this textile never ended up on the floor as I already have a tiny persian fleamarket jewel covering my parquet. I placed it on a parade-spot on my bed to play the role of a day bedspread. The softness and lightness of the material allow it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment