Sunday Sunnyday. The weather is supposed to break +26 °C in Hamburg today and this lovely heat and cloudless sky will stay till next Tuesday. What I've gathered in living here about a year now is that May truely is the most beautiful month of this City. Everything explodes into fresh green, birds start singing, people start smiling, bare skin and sandals hit the streets...
Therefore it's a tragedy to be an albino, or in my case, a scandinavian pale face. In practise this means that I have lost every pigment to the winter and basically one can see my blod vessels painting my skin light blue in my forearms and chest. And my legs? Well they just look like those non-spiced, non-cooked chicken thighs at your supermarkets meat department. Goosebumps and all.
I am not letting this sickly paleness of mine to stop me from wearing dresses and shorts however. Oh no people, you gotta learn to wear sunglasses so my skin won't burn your eyes! Nope. I am starting a selftanning operation early this year and am going stay loyal of repeating the necessesary procedures often enough for me to get that lovely roasted look. The weapons for this battle are as artificial as one would expect:
The bigger lotion is my last year's purchase from Finland. An ideal option for the nordic skintype as you know, I'd look totally ridiculous turning orange in one go with the normal tanning products. The second (german) cream is a donation from my boyfriend's mother who used to use it before travelling to foreign beaches in the winter time. It's designed for the face but I think that part of me is getting the most sun anyways, thus I'll rather frost my whole bootay with that in getting the best results.
To those of you who are laughing at tanning products and calling it fake.. Yeah it's 100% homemade fake but I'll hear you laugh again with that skin cancer and a hanging, wrinkled decollete when you're old cos that's what you get from the sun. Tanning products are a lot healthier way to get that lovely colour for the summer than lying endless hours in the direct sun light. And if you happen to be a person like myself, to whom it is practically impossible to get a tan without several painful sun burns, then why not do it the artificial way? By getting a body lotion with a gradual tanning effect you can keep you're skin healthy, moist and young a lot longer than grilling and killing your skin cells with UV radiation.
Wishing you all a Sunny Week!


No comments:
Post a Comment