Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Continuation

to the text I wrote before.


After hearing that all my work, time, energy and money spent was for nothing, I had none of them to continue further. There I was, alone with my super-duper-good-for-nothing papers again.

You might know this reeeeeaally empty feeling that follows after learning that the long homework you made on Computer just somehow magically vanished from the hard drive. Not sure how to react, you just stare at the blank page infront of you, not being able to realise what just happened. Silence. You know that something just went horribly horribly wrong and the situation changed rapidly. The hope, the relief, the happiness, the accomplishment just deleted itself by a single push of a wrong button. Slowly the monkey rage breaks through... And there is nothing to do. You are angry and have the energy to destroy a building but none to write the text again. You check hundred times but all your work just slipped down the drain.


So I stand there, squeezing the useless pricey papers in my hand, with the other trying to use my non-excistent Wolverine powers to squash the mobile phone into Smithereens. People rush by. I try to gather my thoughts, wondering what my plan before Kundenzentrum was, what my current options might be. Ah that was it, I wanted to go to the post office to send my papers to uni-assist. Well. I had the envelope ready, I had transfered them the money already earlier that day and the only thing what I couldn't give them was the official copy. Fine, I thought. I'll send them the original paper without the official stamp. We'll see then what they say about that. Thus I marched to the post office and sent the papers I meant to.

That was now a week and two emails ago and I still haven't heard from them about this matter. I guess this means I have a good chance of passing the supervision. Thumbs up people.


Nevertheless I wasn't going to give up with these Apostille. What the hell are they then for if not this? I mean, why would I get such papers in the first place when they don't fulfill their function in other countries and in mine I have no usage to them? I took Apostille in the hope of getting cheaper official copies in Germany by not having to go to Notary every time. It doesn't matter if the personel in Kundenzentrum can't read my papers. No matter it might say that I have third nipple on my forehead. What they need to know and see is that my papers are not forged. Whatever the content. That's why they should trust the APOSTILLE for crying out loud! This Apostille paper is from the Finnisch Government, which thereby assures the authenticity of my documents! I don't get an Apostille for fake papers or for home made translations so why can't they just trust the stamp and the signature given?

Well what does a kid do when the bigger chilcren are bullying her? She goes and cries to mama. But when the other children are the ignorant meanies of another country, this little girl went to her Consulate. Complaining how the authorities don't follow the rules of the game, the rules their government has signed. To my joy the lady at the other end of the phone swore heavily, cursing the idiocracy of Kundenzentrum. Sie promised to look into the matter more closely, call the Kundenzentrum and give me a call later when she had some new information.


Now you might think that I got my copies and the Kundenzentrum what they deserve. On the contrary. It turned out that I was right, I don't need to translate an Apostille, no country asks for that and the clerk had made a mistake. An Apostille is as official and reliable as it gets, even when it's in Finnish. However the Kundenzentrum does not give copies of papers in other than German language. That's their policy and that's that. Now basically I am right and have some rights here according to some family friend lawyer. I could push this further in asking him to help me but that would then cost money and in my opionion, get out of hands. Come on, I'm not going to sue an organ of the German Government because of some lousy copies!


I'll rather get my copies at the Consulate or Notary. Whatever the cost, as it can't be higher than first translating all my papers again, getting new Apostille for each and going back to Kundenzentrum to get copies. Get real, who would do that?


What my biggest question now is, is that HOW ON EARTH DID THOSE OTHER FOREIGNERS DO IT?

1 comment:

  1. Wuhuu! Hyvä loppu tarinalle. Olisitkin ollut meidän Erin Brockovich. Itse olisin jo luovuttanut. Läpi harmaan kiven sitä neiti menee!

    ReplyDelete