Tuesday, April 12, 2011

TestDaf Horror


I had my German test today. Not just any test but the TestDaf, organized all over the world, The Test measuring if a person's German is good enough to be able to study in a German University. I have been sweating, crying, shaking and whining heavily since the last week. I have reviced and polished my skills by reading, speaking, listening and writing, with a course and without a course.. And for the fun I paid 175 euros.

I'm insanely glad that the whole monster is over as I haven't been able to sleep or eat enough since thursday. No matter how hard I learned it was still a nightmare.

The test began with a reading apprehension. An hour of desperation and perspiration. We are given 60min to read 3 texts (more or less) and answer altogether 30 questions. Normally I finish 20 min earlier but this time... Oh my Goodness, it was truely a hell. Nobody stood a chance: both the text and the questions given were out of this world. Well.. out of our immigrant league to be more exact.

Second part was listening. We hear 2 texts only once and the third one twice. Questions are in German and you answer in German. Topics remain between University life and Science. I fucked up the 2nd text ny passing a question and then had to guess the rest as I couldn't pick up anymore. This part might have just ruined my chances to get to Uni. You can just imgaine how depressed I am.


3rd one was 1 hour of writing. They give you the topic, a graphic to explain and questions to answer. I managed to finish my essay in time. I didn't point out much mistakes but it is actually the content and readability that counts. I hope to score high..



The last part was testing our spoken German. We were escorted to an empty room (in my case a small storage room 1m x 1m) with a CD-player and a device to record our talking. Everyone did it alone. Seven situations, with preparation time and a reaction time. I was really worrying the 2 graphics which I had to describe and interpret but altogether I think I did well.


So I made have fucked up, I may have survived but the feeble feeling remains. In six weeks I will find out whether my road in Hamburg has faced it's end or if I'm still allowed to dig through the hard stone towards University.

http://weheartit.com/

2 comments:

  1. Toivotaan parasta, pelätään pahinta... Ylppärit vaikuttaa lastenleikiltä. Toivotaan että menee läpi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mulla on ainaskin sormet ja varpaat ristissä, että nappaa!

    ReplyDelete