Monday, July 18, 2011

Into the Blue(s)

Auntie's Pond
 
Sauna built by her husband.

 Aww man I haven't updated since the dinosaurs! A lot has happened (important and not) meanwhile but to hang on to my lovely holiday feeling, I have decided to vomit some happyhappy Finland Photos for you guys!


It's going to be a hard task deciding the Pics-to-be-shared as I.. ahem.. took 783 shots from my home! Don't be shocked! This amount includes the about 300 confirmation photos of my cousin Kaisa. I happened to be not only the Party Photographer but also took the official confirmation photo of her. Thus the large quantity.

Tiina, Hande & Nea in the back
My holiday started hectic as I wanted to meet most of my friends within the first week, when my sister was summer camping at horse stables and mom still didn't have her holidays. The task proved to be more challenging than thought, as everyone was working through the days and had time only evenings. On top of that I realised that many had left our town and moved to Helsinki which forced me to rely on the train a lot.


I happened to arrive at the annual event of Lakeside Blues in my town Järvenpää. That means that our normal pedestrian street is transformed into Le Blues Avenue, every bar in town has all week long live music and on Saturday the main Concert takes place. The concert performers are usually old blues farts from around the world but this year we got the soul artist Angie Stone. Sadly I passed the show by leaving to the summer cottage on Friday.

heikki

Finnish :'DDD Almost got me there
Anyhou I managed to cram dates together and meet the important people. Even Iiris here (presenting her new working uniform as a Zumba intructor), whom I met briefly a few hours before her flight to Bali!


Our backyard turned out to be a nice and cool place for meetings, so luckily I needn't to move from home that much. My best friend Petteri also turned up one morning at 7am in his working uniform to have breakfast at the terrace.

fresh from 12h nightshift


Don't be fooled to think that my updates concerning Finland were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment